Buying a Car
Buying a car can be quite stressful; there are tons of things to think about. We have a department of loan officers dedicated to making the car shopping experience your best one yet!
We've come up with a few tips to help you through the process:
CAR BUYING TIPS
- Understand and know your credit score first and foremost. This will play a big factor in getting pre-approved for your auto loan. Get your free annual credit report
- Know your limit. In other words, before purchasing a car, you need to make sure you will be able to afford the payments. List all of your monthly expenses, and see just where your car loan payment will be fitting in.
- Once you have your maximum payment, determine how you are going to pay for the car. Be sure to factor in trade-in value of your current vehicle if you have one.
- Begin researching. First, determine the type of vehicle you are looking for to suit your needs. Then check out vehicle reviews on specific makes and models. It is important to research the reliability, safeness, efficiency, etc.
- Visit a few dealerships. Take test drives to finalize your top choices on makes and models, and use this in-person opportunity to see what kind of deal you can get. It's best to visit several dealerships and not buy on your first visit. Make sure they know you are shopping around. The dealer should then do their best to get you the best price.
- Be wary about buying from a private seller or private lot, Make sure you request a CarFax on a used vehicle before purchase.
- Don't buy a vehicle on an impulse. Evaluate all of your options before deciding on a vehicle and don't cave to the pressure of a salesman. Chances are if you are being pressured, you're not getting the best deal.
- Sometimes, it's smart to buy towards the end of a month. Most dealers have a sales quota to meet and will offer deeper discounts just to make the sale.
- Get pre-approved with your Credit Union before going shopping!
- Buy with confidence. Don't let a car salesman take over. It's your money, your car.
WHY FINANCE WITH EAGLE ONE FEDERAL CREDIT UNION?
- First and foremost, the rates and terms are extremely competitive. Eagle One is not-for-profit, with all earnings from loans going back to members in the form of lower loan rates, lower/fewer fees, and higher dividends.
- At Eagle One, we won't charge you early payment penalties. We like to see our members paying their loans off earlier than expected.
- Get up to 100% financing with no down payment.
- No monthly payments for the first 60 days.
- We will work will members who don't have the best credit score.
- Personalized service. As a member, you have a share in the Credit Union and we like to provide the most rewarding experience possible. We have loan officers dedicated to assisting you with any and all loan inquiries.
Looking for a used vehicle? Check out our Enterprise information!
Get pre-approved to go shopping! Questions about buying a vehicle? Contact us!