EMV Chip Debit Cards Coming Soon!
A New Level of Card Security
EMV Chip Debit Cards are coming soon to all Eagle One FCU Debit Cardholders.
All members should be receiving their new debit chip card by the end of May in the mail.
EMV Frequently Asked Questions:
- Why am I receiving this new debit card? - In an effort to enhance security, your new debit card now includes chip technology. The embedded chip on your card improves fraud protection when you make purchases at chip-activated terminals.
- My existing (non-chip card) does not expire for a while, can I continue to use the non-chip card until it expires? - No, your existing card will be deactivated once you activate your new EMV chip card. Instructions on activating your new card will arrive with the card at which point you can shred your non-chip card.
- What information is stored on the chip? - The chip stores information needed to complete transactions such as the card number and/or expiration date. The chip card does not contain your personal account information or account balance information.
- How does chip technology protect my information? -Every time you use your chip card at chip-activated terminals, the embedded chip generates a one-time use code.
- Will I have a new PIN? - No, your existing pin will be the same and it will work with your EMV chip card.
- What do I need to do if I have preauthorized or recurring payments that are tied to my existing debit card? - To ensure there is no interruption in recurring or preauthorized payments (such as monthly phone bill, electric bill, clubs, etc) contact the merchant after you receive your new card to ensure they have the current expiration date on file.
If you have any further questions, you can contact us or stop by at a branch and speak with a representative!